CS302 3-day Culture & Soft Adventure
Join this 3-day tour of Bangkok to Kanchanaburi with convenient transfers from Bangkok. Get to know the town by exploring some of its best sights and most historic landmarks including the Thailand-Burma Railway Center, War Cemetery of WWII Allied Prisoners, Bridge over the River Kwai Hellfire Pass Memorial Museum and Death Railway Train.
Embark on a 3-day culture and adventure staying at the jungle floating house; River Kwai Jungle Rafts-Riverside Jungle Resort, River Kwai Resotel- Botanical Riverside Resort, enjoy a scenic long-tail boat ride, self-bamboo rafting with a local guide. Visit to Mon Tribal village to experience Mon culture and history as well as survival in the jungle.
- 3-day Culture & Soft Adventure
- Thailand – Burma Railway Centre
- War Cemetery
- Bridge over the River Kwai
- Hellfire Pass Interpretive Centre & Memorial Walking Trail
- Death Railway Train
- Mon Tribal Village & Temple
- Buddha Image Cave
- Tradition Mon dance
- Mon Chat
- Jungle trekking
- Self – cooking
- Bamboo rafting
- Joined tours and transfers with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Basic accommodation in sharing twin/double floating raft during the tour.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All meals as indicated in the program (food only), starting from lunch on day 1 until lunch on day 3
- Traditional Mon dance performance at the Jungle Rafts
- All long tail boat transfers as described in the day-to-day description
- Admission Fee to all places indicated in the program
- Train ticket over the Death Railway
- Other services that are not outlined in the program
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities and optional tour unless otherwise stated
- Supplements for transfer for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Cost from and to general meeting point
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature or other cost not mentioned in the program
- This tour is operated on join / seat-in-coach basis with an English-speaking guide only
- Depending on the number of guests on any confirmed tours, the correct type of car / mini-van / coach cannot be confirmed upon reservation. This also depends on the availability of accommodation.
- Transfers are only operated within Sukhumvit (Soi 1 - 33), Silom, Pratunam areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 33 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power
- The accommodation used during this tour is simple accommodation with basic amenities. This includes no air-conditioning (fan only), lack of Wi-Fi and/or warm water. Due to ecology conservation concept, the entire River Kwai Jungle Rafts do not use electricity. River Kwai Resotel includes air-conditioned, free Wi-Fi, warm water and swimming pool.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Any rejection of meals or tour program is non-refundable
Deviations of the tour programs or time given may sometimes necessary depending on traffic condition or uncontrollable circumstances. The journey back to Bangkok may be later than 6 pm. Please mak
DAY 1 BANGKOK- KANCHANABURI – RIVER KWAI JUNGLE RAFTS 6am-6.30am Pick up from centrally located Bangkok hotels before depart to Kanchanaburi province (128 km. to the west of Bangkok) Morning Arrive at Kanchanaburi Visit Thailand-Burma Railway Centre, an interactive museum, information and research facility dedicated to presenting the history of the Thailand–Burma Railway. The fully air–conditioned centre offers the visitor an educational and moving experience. Visit Kanchanaburi War Cemetery which is memorial to some 6000 allied prisoners of war (POWs) who perished along the death railway line and were moved post-war to this eternal resting place. Visit the world famous Bridge over the River Kwai, part of Death Railway constructed by Allied POWs. Noon Lunch at local restaurant. Afternoon Visit the Hellfire Pass Interpretive Centre. The interpretive centre presents the history of the Burma-Thailand railway under chronological and thematic headings, explaining the rationale for the railway, the way in which it was constructed and the hardship experienced by those who worked on it. Then you can descend the long set of stairs behind the museum to Hellfire Pass Memorial Walking Trail following the original rail bed. Then, take a long-tailed boat from Phu Takien pier to River Kwai Jungle Rafts. Check-in upon arrival. Evening Dinner followed by a 45–minute presentation of traditional Mon Dance and overnight at River Kwai Jungle Rafts. DAY 2 CULTURE & SOFT ADVENTURE – RIVER KWAI RESOTEL Morning After breakfast, head into the nearby Mon tribal village, where the Mon people have lived for generations. Visit the Golden Rock, Buddha image cave and village school. Mon Chat, sit down and talking with original Mon people concerning history religion culture and dances. Experience how to wear “Sa-rong” Mon costume and how to play “Saba” traditional Mon game. Making Tanaka powder from the wood and bark of the Tanaka tree extensively as a natural cosmetic, sunscreen, skin treatment, and insect repellent. Before noon Check-out followed by trekking into the jungle and learning how to survive by cooking grill rice in the bamboo tube and simple self-cooking menu for lunch. Experience Bamboo rafting along the scenic River Kwai to River Kwai Resotel; Botanical Riverside Resort. Check-in upon arrival. Evening Dinner and overnight at River Kwai Resotel. DAY 3 RIVER KWAI RESOTEL – BANGKOK Morning After breakfast, relaxing walking around orchard road you can discover the fascinating variety of the botanical world in the Palmetum of the River Kwai and enjoy yourself by Palm swimming pool 11am Check-out and take a long-tailed boat to Phu Takien pier and proceed to have lunch at local restaurant 1pm Take a historic ride on Death Railway Train passing over original wooden viaduct constructed by Allied POWs 2.30pm Journey back to Bangkok 6pm Arrive at Bangkok and transfer to hotels.