HOW TO GET HERE
To reach us, Do set GPS to “Phutakien pier” or “14.281035, 99.000796” only. DO NOT set or search by the hotel name,there is no road access to our floating hotel and will lead you no where.
Easiest and most value of money way to get to us is to book our Package Tour which
we guarantee daily departure from Bangkok
By CAR from Bangkok
Driving directions (travel time ~ 3 hours)
- From Phra Pinklao Bridge; take Pin-klao Road for 35 kilometers until reach A2 junction.
- Turn right and follow road signs for Ratchaburi.
- Pass through Nakhon Chaisri and Nakhon Pathom province bypass.
- About 5 kms further from the bypass, take a flyover bridge with a sign for Kanchanaburi Take highway no. A323 to Ban Pong and follow road signs for Kanchanaburi Before reaching Kanchanaburi City, turn Right at Yak Kang Seung junction.(From Kanchanaburi city, following road signs to the Saiyok Noi Waterfall or Sangklaburi.)
- Drive straight around 50 km til passing through Saiyok Noi Waterfalls on your right.
- Continue straight around 8 km. You will see a road sign Phutakien Pier (Resotel pier) on your left.
- Turn left and carefully drive downhill for about 900 m to the pier at the end of the road.
- Then take a long–tail boat from Phutakien Pier (Resotel pier) to River Kwai RESOTEL resort
Getting here from Kanchanaburi city to Phutakien Pier (Resotel pier)
(Driving travel time ~ 1 hour)
- It is recommended to take a local taxi which could cost around 900 – 1500 baht depending upon your negotiations and perhaps upon the number of passengers and luggage. We believe it is reasonable for the approx. Distance of 60 kms from the city since they will also have to drive back to the town without passengers. They will be able to drop you off right at the pier.
- Alternatively you may take a train to Namtok Station and then grab a local transportation to Phutakien Pier (Resotel pier). The train goes by schedule so you will need to be punctual. After arriving at Namtok station, the local van/ truck drivers will be sitting around the station and will probably approach you to ask where you want to go. The cost per person for the local transport is around 150 baht if it is a joined transfer. If there is no one else on that ride, you will have to rent the whole vehicle and that would cost 600 – 700 baht / vehicle.
- It is very crucial to make sure that they will drop you off at the pier and not at the main road. This must be made clear before taking the ride. The pier is around 2 kms from the main road going downhill to the river. It can be an exhausted walk with your heavy belongings on a hot day. There is no walkway and it could be dangerous while walking down.
Our Complimentary check-in/out joined transfer boats
departs from Phutakien Pier (Resotel pier) to River Kwai Resotel
EVERY 30 mins DAILY.
Check in: 1 pm – 6 pm
Check out: 8am – 12pm (noon)
Out of the above periods
Only private boat rental available for
1000 baht/ boat / trip.
Secured parking lot available at Phutakien Pier (Resotel pier) (our private pier).
MAP & ADDRESS
River Kwai RESOTEL – eco jungle resort styled hotel in River Kwai- is uniquely located in the marvelous spot where River Kwai flowing by and surrounded by beautiful greenery. It is the perfect base to get around and discover Saiyok, River Kwai area with all its hidden treasures. The resort is situated closed by Saiyok National Park where Lawa Cave, a stalactites and stalagmites cave, is. Guests can even walk to the cave through our orchards.
Advantages of the resort’s location is immense. Located in River Kwai Noi – Saiyok, the resort is closed to many poplar tourist attractions such as national park, waterfalls,Hellfire Pass, Lawa Cave, Treetop Adventure Park, Mon Village & Temple.
River Kwai RESOTEL Resort Address
River Kwai RESOTEL Resort
Resort Addess: 55 Moo 5 Tambol Wangkrajae, Amphur Saiyok,
Kanchanaburi 70150, Thailand
Resort Phone (+66) 8 1734 5238
GPS Coordinates at Phutakien Pier (Resotel pier) :N 14.281035, E 99.000796
HOTEL TRANSFER OPTION
OUR PRIVATE TRANSFER
OUR HOTEL MANAGED TRANSFERS ARE PROVIDED WITH AN AIR-CON VAN
INCL. EXPERIENCED DRIVER. FLEXIBLE PICK UP TIME.
To help our guests with the decision whether to go for our own provided transport or for public taxis, we strongly advise to have a look at the following link. Here we will explain very briefly and honestly why we suggest our guests to go for our transport possibilities instead of the public taxis. The most important reasons are our flexibility and the guarantee of arriving at the destination without any inconveniences.
Read this article
PRIVATE TRANSFER RATES
From accommodations in Bangkok (downtown area) to River Kwai Resotel
Price: 4,500 baht / van / way
From Suvarnabhumi /Don Muang Airport to River Kwai Resotel
Price: 4,800 baht / van / way
HOW TO BOOK >
After booking a room via our booking system. In the second page under “ENHANCE YOUR STAY”, you will see Private Transfer options where you book the transfer at the same time of the room reservation.
Or submit your request to our reservation staff at firstname.lastname@example.org